NAVIGATE Leaders attendee info, click here
DIRECTIONS TO BONCLARKEN: Enter 5 Pine Drive, Flat Rock, NC---this will bring you to our main entrance. Many GPS systems do not recognize 500 Pine Drive.
1. LODGING, ROOMMATE CONFIRMATION, and EMERGENCY CONTACT: Please fill out this form so our records are up to date and we know who is staying in your rooms as well as an emergency contact.
2. FOOD ALLERGIES AND DIETARY RESTRICTIONS: If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, please complete this form.
3. SIGN UP FOR EXCURSIONS for Saturday and Sunday: We will also need some drivers.
4. CAN YOU SHARE YOUR ROOM? We have several singles that would like to stay in The Lodge, Founders Hall North and South. If you are staying alone and would like to share, contact Missy: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 864-270-9901.
5. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS: We need your help to serve at least one hour of one part of one day. Click here to help!
6. CANS OF FOOD: Our charity this year is Hendersonville Rescue Mission. We are collecting large cans of food such as meat, veggies, and fruit, etc. We will also take up a love offering for them on Sunday morning.
7. SILENT AUCTION: This year, we are having a silent auction on Sunday night to raise funds to support and offset ministry expenses and pay for scholarships. Please drop new or non-used items to the YAB. Click here for some ideas. For questions, contact Kim Rich, 803-556-6667 or email us at email@example.com.
8. PAY AHEAD: You will be getting an invoice soon of balanced owed. We ask that if you can to pay it prior to coming.
9. MAP OF BONCLARKEN: The campus of Bonclarken is fairly simple, but it always helps to have a map. The distance between the hotels and the YAB (Youth Activity Building), where we will be meeting, is a 5-minute walk. You are also welcome to drive it. Also: Street Map
10. SEE OUR SINGLES SCHEDULE: Things can change slightly as we get closer. Check-in is 4pm on Friday. Please come to the YAB Parking Lot, Tent #1 first for temp check; you will get further instructions afterwards. SEE OUR LEADERS SCHEDULE.
11. BREAKFAST and/or LUNCH & LEARNS (Singles portion): Table discussions of various topics during breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. First come, first serve.
12. SATURDAY NIGHT: We have four things planned: 1) A country-western theme (you can dress up if you want) dance (starts at 7pm) planned outside near the lake, next to YAB. We will have a variety of music. Free lessons are offered 30 minutes prior to the dance by Jerry and Krista Greene. Please bring a pre-packed snack to share (drop off Friday or Saturday) to the YAB.; 2) Bonfire by the lake (beside dance area) (starts 9pm); 3) RK Praise indoor/outdoor concert at the Back Porch (starts 8pm). Bring a lawn chair and a blanket or coat as it gets chilly in the mountains at night. We will also offer some corn hole outside and you are welcome to use any of our hotel meeting spaces to play games.
13. NEED A RIDE? WANT TO DRIVE AND OFFER A RIDE? If you can offer a ride to someone at the Charlotte Douglas International and Greenville-Spartanburg International airport, let us know that as well. Please post on our Facebook page if you want to carpool with someone from your area or contact Missy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. MEALS: You can purchase meal tickets (except Saturday and Sunday night dinner at which we encourage you to eat at the Apple Festival or at one of our amazing local restaurants) from our registration page by August 27th. You will not be able to purchase meals at the retreat. There is an optional breakfast purchase for Monday morning. For those who have paid for this breakfast, you will receive a meal ticket. Be sure to bring it with you in order to get your meal. We will also provide snacks throughout the weekend. Note: For those who have not purchased the meal package, you will be given a wrist-band to wear for the weekend. 2021 Menu
15. All Attendees MUST sign waivers/read Covid response before arriving.
16. WHAT TO BRING:
• Snacks to share: We will be providing pre-packaged snacks, too, but it's always fun to share. Also, bring your own water bottle to fill up at the water bottle stations.
• Feel free to bring a cooler for your room if you desire. We also have community frig's in 3 hotels. Be sure to put your name on your items. Also, there are NO coffee pots in your rooms. We will have coffee at the YAB.
• Lawn chair that you can easily carry with you (Please put your name on it). You may need one for the bonfire/dance/concert/games. You WILL need one for the prayer experience on Sunday night.
• Board games/cards/Bible/Pen
• Dress for the weather. The nights in the mountains can sometimes be a bit cooler. No speedos' or bikini's for the pool. Bring an umbrella, bug repellent, sun-tan lotion, beach towel, etc. Note: Last year, everyone got chilly at the bonfire, so we strongly encourage you to bring a coat, blanket, and a lawn chair.
• Bring money for excursions, books, gift shop (open 10-4 on Sat only), vendors, etc., plus to give to the charity.
• Guests staying in Bonclarken housing should plan to bring toiletries, including shampoo, body-wash, etc.
-The Lodge/Founders North and South: Bonclarken will supply all linens, including blankets, pillows, sheets, and towels; plastic cups; hand-soap; and toilet paper in all rooms. There is no maid service. If you need fresh towels, toilet paper, contact Bonclarken. Suggestion: Bring your own towels and pillow if you want to.
-Memorial/Dorm/Bunk Rooms: Please bring your own linens, blankets, pillows (Memorial provides) and towels. Bonclarken will provide paper towels, hand-soap, and toilet paper. (Men are on the left side; Women on the right)
-Campers: Bonclarken will provide paper towels, toilet paper, and hand-soap in the campground bathrooms. You would need to provide your own towels, etc.
Note: There are ironing boards and irons in the Lodge and Founders South. We can provide them upon request to individuals in other buildings. We also have a limited number of hairdryers we can check out to guests. A free washing machine and dryer are available in Founders North and the Lodge. Please bring your own detergent.
• We will be taking photo's throughout the weekend for a slide show. We welcome other photo's by uploading them to our Facebook Labor Day Experience page. or to through our Dropbox Here.
• We have a freebie table, so you are welcome to bring Christian books, resources, give-a-ways...whatever to go on this table. If you are attending the leader's portion, please bring any suggested or use tool/resource for leaders that you can share during our share time.
• Please wear your name tag throughout the weekend so that we know you have registered and paid.
• If you purchase the meal package, you will get a ticket for each meal. You will need this ticket to receive your meal.
• There are no TVs in the rooms but there is wifi. Password is ItIsWell
• Bonclarken and The Singles Network Ministries/Kris Swiatocho Ministries are not responsible for lost or stolen possessions. We do not assume responsibility for damage or loss of any material articles prior to, during, or following events. Click here for a list of policies by Bonclarken.
• Health Services: Bonclarken does not employ medical professionals, or stock medical supplies or equipment. We will assist with first aid and public emergency services.
Got questions? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or calling Missy Honeycutt at 864-270-9901. You can also post questions on our Facebook page.